10 July 2007

New Brunswick, Part IV

Greetings from Moncton, where we are spending our last night in New Brunswick. Yesterday, Monday, we went over to UNB where E visited with the law school. Sounds like she had a good visit. 6YO and I walked around campus, stopped by the sociology department, and went looking for a couple of my colleagues in the psych department. They weren't in and as we were leaving campus I stopped by once more to check. As I was leaving the building they were parking right outside the door. We had a nice visit and made plans to have lunch on Tuesday. We had a casual afternoon in F'ton that included a visit to a nice little art supply store, Endeavours, and a walk along the St. John. Had the weather been a little warmer we would have rented a couple of kayaks, but, while sunny, it was cool. Not much else to report there!

This morning we drove around town a bit and met my colleagues for lunch at a great little place, The Palate. We had promised 6YO a visit to the toy store, ThinkPlay a "sister store" of the art supply store so, afterwards, off we went. We ended up chatting with the owner for a while, a nice young Fredericton native named Luke. The store was fun, too! In addition to some cool art and science toys there were a number of retro candies like fizzies, Mary Janes, Bit o' Honey, and this very flat taffy, the name of which I can't recall - but I remember it from the 60s! 6YO got some neat little animals that are cut in two and stick together with magnets. I sounds weird, I know, but they're entertaining.

After the toy store we made our way out of town and, after a brief stop in Oromocto for beverages, we were on our way. We arrived in Moncton around 5 and E and 6Yo went for a swim while I did some email. It's now almost 9 pm and soon I'll be sleeping! Tomorrow is our last day on the road. We plan to spend it in Halifax. But, as you know - anything is subject to change!

No comments: