12 July 2007

Travel Update

We were able to find another room in the area, but then the hotel we were in last night was able to accommodate us so we'll be here for another night. That makes things easier! And, I hear the hot tub calling my name.

I went over to the airport this morning because I can't get through to NWA by phone and it kept telling me that I couldn't re-book on-line. We are re-booked for tomorrow, but on three flights. Ugh! There seem to be plenty of seats on a number of Detroit to Minneapolis flights so if I can ever get through by phone... The agent at the airport here can't make changes.

The good news is that we have a car. The bad news is that the fog has usually lifted by this time and it's just pea soup out there. If NWA cancels tonight's inbound flight we're in a world of hurt. The good news is that I have Internet access.

That's about it. I just thought I'd post an update in case anyone is reading. Cheerio!

2 comments:

West End Bob said...

Is the heavy fog typical for this time of year there?

Or is The Universe just messing with you guys?!?!?

Hope you make it back home OK - Although a few extra days in Canada ain't so bad, is it??

Anonymous said...

Not "typical," but not bizarre either. What's funny is that a few miles on either side of the airport was fine. I think they built it in a valley or something!

The inbound flight that needs to arrive in order for us to leave just departed Detroit so we have our fingers crossed. A few extra days would be great if we didn't have to pick up our dog at the kennel! Keep your fingers crossed for us.