14 July 2007

We're baaaack!

I was able to get our itinerary changed to two legs instead of three. Upon the advice of the agent at the Halifax airport, we tried Gravol (aka Dramamine) and 6YO managed both flights without getting sick. We hadn't looked for children's Dramamine before, but she knew that Gravol was available in a children's formula.

Due to a major snafu in Detroit - they apparently downsized the aircraft without regard for the number of people with assigned seats - we almost didn't make the second flight. They ended up giving us seats in different rows and center seats at that. Now, you have to understand that I buy tickets months in advance for a reason. I mark the calendar for 90 days out so that I can be sure to get an aisle seat. I told the flight attendant that if I had to sit in the middle I'd never fly NWA again. She asked an off-duty pilot who was seated in an aisle seat if he would mind moving over. He didn't say yes, he didn't say no. He mumbled, "It's a whole new world" and moved over, never saying a word the entire flight. Nice "face of NWA." Add to that the flight attendant who called me "sir" twice and I was not a happy camper. But, we made it back and our house was still standing. The cat was mad, but the house was still standing.

That's about it! I know I'll be traveling several times this coming year, but - for now- I'm glad to be staying put. I've been home two out of the past six weeks and while I'm really fortunate to have been able to make the trips, I'm tired! I need a vacation!

No comments: